Welcome to my Dern Grim Bedtime Tales & Other Stories
Dern Grim Bedtime Tales, Few Of Which End Well, are intended to be Morally Instructive To The Listener, and Therapeutically Cathartic For the Listener (and The Writer).
They were written initially to read to my grandchildren. I've
begun doing readings of these at local science fiction conventions, and
am interested and available to do readings of my stories at libraries,
schools, bookstores, events, radio shows, and other venues -- feel free
to contact me. And I'm working on getting them published (as stories, children's books, etc.
Dern Grim Bedtime Tales are short -- most can be read aloud in two to three minutes. Some take five to ten minutes to read aloud; some, less than one minute.
I've written over fifty so far (and I'm still writing more). To give you some idea of what they're about, here are some of the titles:
Other Tales include a mix of stories which may be longer, for slightly older audiences (up through YA), and not necessarily Morally Instructive. These include:
- The Girl Whose Friends Did Not Want To Play With Her
- The Children Who Ate All Their Halloween Candy Too Soon
- The Boy Who Loved Star Wars Too Much
- The Girl Who Never Cut Her Hair
- The Children Who Did Not Like Gilbert And Sullivan
- The Boy Who Stuck His Elbow In His Ear
- The Children Who Couldn't Dress Themselves Correctly
- The Boy Who Would Be There In A Second
- The Boys Who Would Not Eat Their Green Vegetables
- The Children Who Said "No Fair"
- The Boy Who Liked Movies About Aliens Taking Over The Earth
I'm also going to post chronological and alphabetical checklists, which I'll update as I write more stories. I'll also be
posting some openings, possibly a few complete Tales, plus some
podcast audio/video readings.
- The Magic Latke
- Golem & Knish
Thanks for your interest.